Hancock Fabrics Store Sewn Chemo Cap
Sewn Head Hugger
Designed by: Hancock Fabrics'' Home Economists
Choosing an all-cotton knit makes these easy caps very
comfortable on sensitive skin. Some folk state that this pattern
is a tad too tight... so you may wish to increase the size of
the band pieces from 17" x 21.5" to measure 17" x 22"
(adding 1/2" to the circumference of the band).
Find the pattern on Hancock''s website under Free Projects:
Materials: (makes 2 (adult medium/large size)
- 1/2 yard 60" cotton interlock knit
(2) 17" x 21 1/2 " pieces (band) (21 1/2" is stretch of fabric)
(4) 7 1/4" circles (crown)
Directions: 1/4" seam allowance RST - Right Sides Together
- RST, fold each band to measure 10 3/4" x 17". Stitch as shown. Press seam open.
- Wrong sides together, bring one end of each band through tube, matching seam and raw edges. Quarter and pin mark along doubled raw edge.
- Lay two circles wrong sides together for each crown. Quarter and pin mark each. Matching marks, pin a crown to inside of each tube. Stitch, easing as necessary. Turn.
- To wear: Band may be folded up once or twice to create a comfortable fit.
See Knit Flower Pattern if you want to add
the flower shown on the lower photo.