In this project we learn how to put together a fun chicken costume for Halloween.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project demonstrated by Suzanne McNeill.
Materials and Tools:
2 heavy or 4 medium white marabou boas
7" of red marabou boa
2 white long-sleeve leotards
polyester fiberfill stuffing
yellow latex gloves
white baseball cap
two 8" x 12" orange felt pieces
two 35mm wiggle eyes
hot glue gun and glue sticks
sewing supplies of choice
1. Place one leotard inside the other. Match arm and leg openings. Sew legs together with a loose zigzag stitch.
2. Stuff polyester fiberfill between the two leotards. Match neck openings and sew edges together by hand.
3. For the head: Cut two orange felt beaks to fit the bill of the cap and extend the point for a beak. Hot glue one beak on top and one under the bill, sandwiching it.
4. Hot glue two black buttons for nostrils. Hot glue eyes and a red boa "comb" on top of cap.
5. For the feet: Stuff fingers of gloves with fiberfill.
6. Place gloves palms down and insert right shoe in right glove and left shoe in left glove.
7. Pull gloves tightly toward heels of shoes so fingers arch upward. Cut slits in top of glove to allow shoes to be tied. Cut off cuff, leaving 2 inches. Pull end of slit over top edge of heel and glue to secure.
8. Cut two V''s on each side of glove. Fold and glue bottom edge up and top edge down. Fold both sides over and glue.