Ghost Costume for Your Crochet Monkey
Size: about 7 inches tall
- Worsted Weight Yarn. I used Red Heart Super Saver in White
- Size G Hook
- Stitch marker (I use a small piece of a contrasting color yarn)
Gauge: I got about 3-1/2 sc per inch. When you make it, just be sure it is working out so it will fit your monkey!
Abbreviations: sc = single crochet, ch = chain, dc =double crochet, hdc = half double crochet, tr = triple crochet, sl st = slip stitch
Notes: Rounds are worked in continuous spirals, do not join. Do not turn at the end of each round.
- ch 2
- 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Mark first st for beginning of round and move marker up for each round.
- Work 2 sc in each sc around – 16
- *2 sc, 1sc* around – 24
- sc in each sc – 24
- 10 sc, 4 sl st, 10 sc – 24
- 10 dc, ch 4, 10 dc – 24
- dc around – 24
- *2 sc, 1 sc in next 2 sc* around – 32
- For next nine rounds sc around – 32 each round
- *2 sc, 1 sc in next 7* around – 36
- *2 sc, 1 sc in next 8* around – 40
- sc in each sc – 40
- *hdc, dc, tr, dc, hdc, sc* 6 times – 36
- Sl st, finish off
Please remember, this pattern and the photos on this website are copyrighted. All Rights Reserved.
© 2008 to the end of time – Planet M Files
I hope you enjoy this pattern. If you would like the pattern for the monkey’s Halloween bag, you can find it at: http://planetmfiles.com/2008/10/30/tiny-crochet-halloween-bag-fill-it-with-love/
If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments or email me: gayle at planetmfiles dot com
Visit my free pattern archives for more crocheting fun! I am beginning the process of converting all of my patterns to PDF files and will add the PDF links to each pattern post as they are created.