Holly''s Bee Hat
Holly Bee Hat
Ok, now this was just for fun, so the rows don�t always end exactly perfectly. Whenever this happens, just finish each row with single hdc stitches. No worries, and no stress. Just have fun with it.
You will need:
Yellow, Black, and small amounts of White and Purple Yarn
1. Start with the stinger at the top: Chain 15, slip stitch in the second ch from hook and in the next 11 chs, sl st in the last ch to make a very small loop and then ch 2 to make the first hdc of the first row. 8 hdc in the small loop (on the fifth one, go around behind the stinger so the stinger ends up in the middle of that row), join and ch 2, do not turn.
2. One hdc in the same st as joining and 2 in each around, join with YELLOW, ch 2 and do not turn.
3. One hdc in the same st as joining and one hdc in the next st, (2 hdc in next st, 1 hdc in next st) around.
4. One hdc in the same st as joining, and 1 hdc in the next 2 st. (2 hdc in next st, 1 hdc in the next 2 st) around, join BLACK and ch 2, do not turn.
5 and 6. Repeat row 4 twice but join YELLOW at the end of row 6, ch 2 and do not turn.
7. One hdc in same st as joining, (1 hdc in next 8 st, 2 hdc in next st) repeat around, join, ch 2 and do not turn.
8. One hdc in each stitch around. Join with BLACK, ch 2 and do not turn.
9. � 21. Alternate Black and Yellow rows in the same 2 BLACK, 2 YELLOW manner.
For the BRIM:
22. Still with BLACK from Prev row, hdc in same st as joining, (1 hdc in ned, 2 hdc in next) Repeat around, join with YELLOW, ch 2 and do not turn.
23. One hdc in the same st as joining, 2 hdc in next, 1 hdc in next st, (2 hdc in next 2 stitches, 1 hdc in next st) Repeat around, and finish off. Weave in all ends.
1. Ch 2, 8 sc in first ch. Do not join rounds, just keep going around.
2. 2 sc in each st.
3. (2 sc in next sc, 1 sc in next sc) repeat around. Finish off and leave a long end to sew the face on.
French knot some eyes, and back stitch a cute little smile
With WHITE: ch 12, 2 hdc in 2nd ch from hook, 1 hdc in each, 5 hdc in last ch, and hdc in each of the loops on the opposite side of the original ch. 2 hdc in final ch, join and leave a long piece to sew wings on.
Tie cute little bow on face, sew face on front, place wings on each side and sew them on.